Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Catching Up

Time sure has flown! I actually started to write this post several weeks ago and never finished it. At the time, Isaiah was had just turned 3 months old. Now he's 4 months!

It's incredible how much he has changed in such a short time! I think it seems to go a lot faster the second time around because you have so much more to do taking care of a baby and a toddler.

Isaiah is very alert and social. He recognizes our voices and faces and loves to watch what we're doing. He's usually very quick to reward us with a sweet smile and is also now cooing and giggling and trying to blow razberries. He'll see a toy he wants and try and get to it. He's rolling over - both ways and trying to crawl! This is much earlier than Evelyn was doing these things. If this trend continues he'll probably be walking by 9 months - I'm dreading that day!

He has the sweetest smile - a little flirty! I've tried to capture it in photos but it's so hard to get a good one!



2 Months Old



With Auntie Sarah, June 27, 2009. Aunt Sarah and Uncle Alister were kind enough to babysit both kids for Jeremy and I so we could go out on a date for my birthday. We had a great time out together and Sarah and Alister both survived their evening with an infant and a toddler.




Heading out to celebrate my birthday.



3 1/2 months old.




August 22, 2009
He is really trying to get to his toys!

Evelyn is doing great and seems to have accepted the transition to big sister quite well. She very proudly introduces Isaiah to everyone we meet, though she gets "big sister" and "baby brother" confused so she'll introduce him as her "big brother Isaiah." I suppose someday soon that will be true. Evelyn is quite the talker and her vocabulary is pretty amazing. She's pretty much talking in full sentences and it's amazing what she observes and can articulate. She will talk your ear off though.




Loving her baby brother!

We've been working on potty training which is progressing - slowly. Some days it seems like she's really catching on and we're on our way to no more diapers. Then the next day we're back to square one and it's a fight to even get her to go into the bathroom. We started out with a little potty seat - when I snapped this picture. But now we've taken it out of the bathroom and are trying to get her to use the big potty all the time. She'll use it just fine when we're away from home, and ironically it's those times that she does a really good job staying dry and telling us when she needs to go. But at home it's a different story.



Using the little potty. She's also "feeding" her baby here too - imitating mama.



Pigtails! Evelyn's hair is finally long enough that I can get a couple of little pigtails in it! We still haven't had her first haircut, but I think I'm going to have to get some bangs cut because she's got some really long hairs that keep getting in her face.

We've been having a wonderful summer this year. Record high temps and very little rain. We've tried to get outside a lot and go to the wading pool and park.


Playing at the spray park.






Playing in the kiddie pool at Jefferson Park in Walla Walla. Evelyn really enjoys the water. She was even getting her face in it! I can't wait until she's old enough for swimming lessons!




4th of July






No comments: