Friday, February 11, 2011

Evelyn ties her shoes

At 3 and 3/4 years old, Evelyn has mastered the skill of tying her own shoes. This probably wouldn't have occurred until several years later except for the fact that when I went looking for tennis shoes for her, I couldn't find any in a wider width with velcro straps. So, I got the laces and just figured we'd end up tying her shoes for her for a while. Jeremy, however, decided he was going to teach her how to tie her shoes. So he's been working on it with her for a while. She's been very resistant to wearing them, preferring instead to wear her other shoes with the velcro straps. Jeremy insisted though and would patiently walk her through the steps. Not that Jeremy gets all the credit. I did do my best to show her and help guide her in getting the laces through the loop, and she was with me the first time she actually tied them by herself.

And just so you don't have to take my word for it, here is the proof (there is some background chatter from Isaiah and the video is not very steady in some areas thanks to Isaiah):




No comments: