I decided to take a solo road trip with the kids to visit my parents in Waitsburg. I might have been a bit delusional when I decided to do this on my own - after all 5 hours in the car with a couple of young kids is tough even with two adults. However, I persisted and the three of us arrived safely roughly 7 hours after leaving Seattle.
We all enjoyed our time with grandma and grandpa, and we even got together with one of my old high school friends and her kids for a play date and swimming.
 |
| throwing rocks in the river. |
 |
| Izzy the camel - a popular roadside attraction in this small town. She's very friendly. Evelyn got to feed her and pet her. |
 |
| Isaiah was completely freaking out! He's holding on to me for dear life in this picture! |
 |
| Evelyn's really making Izzy stretch for this grass! |
 |
| Visiting the local library for story time. I used to come here for story time when I was a kid! |
 |
| Our visit also coincided with my birthday. My mom made my favorite cherry pie and the kids helped me blow out the candles! |
No comments:
Post a Comment