Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Haircuts

It's been a while since the kids had haircuts. Up until recently I would take them to Great Clips to get their haircut. Alas, I'm getting too cheap to pay $13 a pop for a kids haircut, and Isaiah especially needs at least a trim more than every 6 weeks.

I figured - how hard can it be. I did a little research (meaning I watched a couple videos on YouTube).

This is actually the 2nd time I cut the kids hair. This time went a little quicker. For Isaiah, I mainly just trimmed up the long hairs around his ears and in the front.


Isaiah after his cut.
Evelyn wanted her hair SHORT. This isn't the first time she's said that. So this time I decided, OK we'll go for it. It will always grow back.



Evelyn before
It was a long time for her to sit still - the hair salon is much quicker! It didn't turn out too bad if I do say so myself. It looked a lot cuter and more how I envisioned it after we washed her hair and let it dry curly. She seems pretty happy with it which is the important thing. With a little more practice and some better tools I might actually get pretty good at this!

After

2 comments:

Captain Faraday said...

I'd say you did a great job. Maybe I'll have you trim my hair up the next time I'm down.

Dwayne and Denise Need said...

Nice job! E is darling--you can't get good hair like hers down!