![]() |
| From Parent Ponderings |
Words cannot describe the awe and joy I felt at holding this tiny baby for the first time.
| From Parent Ponderings |
Or how amazing it has been to watch her grow over the years.
| From Evelyn's 2nd b-day |
Time has passed all too quickly.
| From Parent Ponderings |
| From Evelyn 4th birthday |
And now she's FIVE!
| From Evelyn Birthday - 2012 |
In the past year Evelyn:
Learned to recognize and is trying to read some words.
Has been writing her name for a while now and can write all her letters and other words (when I help her spell them).
Can count up to 100.
Learned to ride her bike all on her own.
and
Will start Kindergarten in the fall (I hope to blog more about this another time).
As frustrated as I sometimes (OK, often) get with her, I really do believe her qualities that drive me crazy will someday be her greatest asset. I pray I can help her develop them into positive traits that will help her succeed as she gains more independence.
What a whirlwind it's been. I'm sure the next five will be just as crazy; full of joy, laughter and frustration - though hopefully more of the former.

2 comments:
Evelyn couldn't have a better mother!
Wow! I clearly remember talking to you as I walked the streets of our brand new neighborhood in Vancouver as you were in labor! Incredible the wonderous path parenthood has lead us down! I'm going to call you soon about a potential visit your way coming soon!
Post a Comment