Saturday, June 6, 2009

Easter 2009

We celebrated Easter this year by decorating Easter Eggs, participating in an Easter Egg Hunt and enjoying a wonderful dinner with friends on Easter Sunday.

I had picked up some egg decorating kits at a yard sale and thought maybe Evelyn would enjoy helping decorate the eggs. I chose a kit that involved adding the dye to a cup and shaking the egg in it to coat it, then adding glitter. I figured Evelyn would really get into shaking the egg around allowing her to do most of the decorating herself. As is often the case with toddlers, she quickly lost interest, so I ended up decorating most of the 6 eggs myself while she watched.

We did an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday with our PEPS group. All the kids seemed to really get into finding the eggs. Then they would trade eggs by putting them in each others baskets, or "hide" them by taking them again by taking them out of the basket and putting them back.

On Sunday we enjoyed a wonderful dinner with our good friends Denise and Dwayne along with their family and other good friends. There were lots of kids to play with and hunt for Easter Eggs - these ones had prizes! There was even an egg hunt for the adults.


No comments: